Floppy Copy?

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Apr 15 15:41:00 PDT 2001

In my case, I think it is the image of the most recent diskette I made a
copy of, so perhaps I could name it any thing I wanted.  For example
"SuSEbootdisk.img" so the command might go like this:

> You can actually use the standard copy command

Put the first floppy in
>       cp /dev/fd0 ~/SuSEbootdisk.img

Take the first floppy out, put the second one in.

>       cp ~/SuSEbootdisk.img /dev/fd0

Or in the case you suggested:

dd if=SuSEbootdisk.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

But for this command, I assume I would first first have to "cd /~" (my
home directory or the directory where the original [named] image was
stored.)  I'm also assuming that the second part of the command
(of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k) is specifing that is is a 1440 KB diskette.  But
with the "dd" command how or where do you do the diskette switch?
By the way the diskette copies I made with the "cp" command came out
perfectly.