Future of the LUAU Site and List

Zachary P. Taylor ztaylor at aloha.net
Mon Apr 2 16:23:46 PDT 2001

	I think that there is a couple of things to decide. 1.) Do we want this to
be a LUAU only mailing list / web page? If so we need to redo the web page
and ask that things pertaining to LUAU and Linux be the only things on the
list. I don't think its bad to let other groups say that they are having a
meeting on the mailing list, but I would think that it should be limited to
an announcement, not promotion or consolidation of the groups. Does anyone
feel like taking over the responsibilities of the web page? Also would
anyone like to volunteer to be the President (So to speak) of LUAU. I think
that we should go back to the old days where the President was basically
someone that helped set up meetings made suggestions about events, etc. Not
this official crap that got all this bickering going. I would also like a
count of people who are interested in staying in LUAU, my thoughts are if
you don't like LUAU then don't be a part of it, but don't try to end it
either. As far as the other LUGS springing up, go forth and prosper, but
don't try and ruin LUAU in the process.

																			Zach