Corel ATA/66]

Philip Cathy & Austin Charles catflip at usa.net
Wed Sep 13 17:06:38 PDT 2000

Thanks for the replies!
I have an Abit BE6 Motherboard with the HPT366 Ultra DMA 66 Controller by
Highpoint Technology Inc.

I am thinking about installing the Corel Second Ed with the Harddrive in
ATA/33 then compile a new kernal to support the ATA/66. I have decided to try
this because I want to learn all that I can and think that messing with the
Kernal is a good start. My question is now how do I start to do this? What
Kernal version should I use? Will installing a different kernal that came with
Corel Linux in any way mess up or make Corel Linux run funny? Can someone
point me to a good "How-to"?
THANKS for your time!!!
Phil