ftp setup question

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Wed Sep 6 11:59:45 PDT 2000

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Ben Beeson wrote:

> 	I have a need to further secure my WU-FTP server. (This server
> runs on a RH Linux box.)

Try to examine another ftp server. I really think WU-FTP is quite
insecure. Well, ftp in general is insecure and is a lousy protocol, but
that's another story.

Wu-ftp however, has like.. security annoucment of the month. Or so I
noticed. I'm sure there are other ftp daemons you could use.

Or not. I'm sure if you're up to date, you'll be okay. But you're also
relying on RedHat's security patch speed. Which isn't great but beats the
crap out of Redmond.