cross platform telnet question

Eric Hagen ehagen at hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 20 03:49:01 PDT 2000

The IP or the hostname should not matter as long as the hostname can be
resolved by the client box you are using to telnet.

If the hostname does not work, and using an IP takes forever, the cause is
that the client system is not resolving correctly.

Hope this helps.

Eric Hagen                  "Sometimes we get lost in the darkness,
ehagen at Hawaii.Edu	     the dreamers learn to steer by the stars..."
			    "You fight for something because it is good.
	 				Not because it stands to succeed."