Diagram of my system

ithop ithop at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Oct 12 17:34:01 PDT 2000

Hi Kevin,

I just finished reading all the messages regarding you router troubles. Not sure if this is the straight scoop on this but about 6 months ago I was putting together a Coyote router for my parents. Well I never did manage to get a pair of 3c509 NICs to work together. I swapped one of the 3com cards for a Linksys card with a freinds and it has been working ever since. See if you can borrow a NIC from someone and see if that fixes it.

On my personal Coyote router I have a 3c900 TPO connected to the outside (cable modem) and a 3c905 TX connected to a Netgear 10/100 switch for the internal network. Works great and considering the router was built entirely from system pulls the cost was right! I only wish it was as small as those tiny Linksys routers.

Mitch