General Observations

Michael JA Miranda michaeljamiranda at juno.com
Sat Nov 11 11:55:51 PST 2000

I am not an active member.  I went to only one meeting at the Manoa
Innovation Park to seek advice
on setting up a webserver under linux.  I got my answers and went on my
way.  I also subscribe to this
mailing list which I have found very informative.  I have always intended
to participate more but other things
end up taking priority.  Although I don't go to any meetings, I have
found great
comfort in knowing that LUAU was around just in case I needed any help.
The mailing list also provides
great tips and tricks that should also be archived.  I think that
creating a
more stable and vibrant online community would be great for people like
me.  A bulletin board at the LUAU website (possibly using Jive
www.coolservlets.com would help).  My point is that it seems that the
online interaction
within LUAU is what is keeping it alive.  Finding ways to facilitate and
encourage the online community in Hawaii may be the path for its future.

Mike