Questions

bfarnell at gte.net bfarnell at gte.net
Thu Nov 9 16:47:59 PST 2000

I have recieved plenty O' mail from people where their machine is listed
in the email address.  I have some idea of how this works, although I am
somewhat confused why joblo at quetzacoatl.aztec.com is a good enough
e-mail address to get a message to joblo@(some other
machine).aztec.com.  Running a dialup connection, can I do the same? and
will my dialup ISP be able to get the message to me?  I assume that all
I have to do is run a mailserver on my machine and it will work.  Any
suggestions about what HOW-TOs to consult?  Also, I am running Mandrake
7.1.  I downloaded 7.2 and am having problems getting it installed.  I
have seen other users with the same problem (it hangs during/after IDE
detect during install).  I am working with the Mandrake people to fix
the bug.  Has anyone else on the list had a problem or a solution? So
far, the common link seems to be an AMD chip, although I'm more inclined
to believe it's cheap hardware used by companies that use AMD chips.  I
have a Compaq, so I assume naturally that it's Compaq's fault.  Any info
from AMD users would be helpful.
Regards,
Brian