Freezing problems

Rodney Davis rodney at wincubic.com
Wed Dec 20 15:29:55 PST 2000

Thanks for the help with sendmail.  Changing permissions for the new file
fixed the problem.

Now I have a problem with linux freezing when i send out a large broadcast
type of email.  I am using Sendmail and the mail list application is done in
PHP and perl.  I was able to send out up 20000 at a time at first but I
started having trouble with linux freezing on me.  So I reduced the number
to 10000 at a time and it worked but then the freezing started again.  Now I
am down to 1000 and still facing the same problem.  I thought the bloated
root mail file was the culprit (eating space on that partition) but deleting
those messages did not fix the problem.  Does anyone have any idea what
could be the culprit?  When I send the messages i get the following message
repeating down the screen until the system freezes. I am assuming each
message must be generating the error

"Unable to load Interpreter"

Thanks for the help,

rodney