Escallation Manager needed.

Rick Chavez chavez at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Dec 19 11:32:24 PST 2000

Unofficial notice:

I found out my boss is looking for someone, ideally in our time zone
(Hawaii).  This person would work from home.  Their main focus would be
in overseeing critical server outages.  Things like "lighting a fire"
under the vendors when necessary, keeping upper management informed as
to the status of the outage, delegating resources as needed, helping to
evolve the current processes to better support the customers,
documenting things (outage analysis, new processes, ...).  Currently we
have a small number of people that do this, but we need at least one
more right now.

This person would have some technical skills (unix/windows).  Not
necessarily a computer genius since others will be working the
problems.  But enough knowledge to know what people are talking about
and have an understanding of the consequences of some actions.

Their real strength would lay in their:

     people skills,
     problem management,
     diplomacy,
     intuitiveness,
     documentation skills.

This is a highly visible position since you'll interface with some of
the "big wigs".  A good stepping stone for an IT professional that wants
to move up the management side of things.

If you think this fits you, send me your resume and I'll pass it on to
my boss.  Sort of cut out the middle man.

-Rick Chavez