Squid

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Aug 20 04:04:16 PDT 2000

How much RAM does your box have?
What type of disks?

I use reiserfs on my squid box with noatime and nolog options.  It goes a
little faster than ext2, with quite a bit more flexibility.
Another option is to run with the log enabled.  This works great if you have
very large squid partitions and the system goes down.  Upon reboot it simply
replays the log and there's no 1 hour downtime for fsck.

The reiser guys recommend turning off logging and simply linking
fsck.reiserfs to mkreiserfs and add some script to detect an unclean mount.
I prefer this method.