[LUAU] Linux on laptops?

gasp gasp at lava.net
Mon May 31 14:23:39 PDT 1999

        Hi.
        i've been lurking on the list for about a week and a half now
and finally decided to say "hi" and thanks for actually having a user group,
and 2 maybe ask a question. #8~)

i've lived in hawaii for almost 2 years now, and i thinkit's great that
there is a users group here. especially since there doesn't seem to be much
else goin on in the way of linux around the island.  course, i don't get
out much either, so don't smack me for that one...

ok, my question is. i have a laptop (p2 233, 32mb of ram, keyboard, screen,
etc...)
 that is currently running slackware(4.0b3) and due to some malicious
user errors (i was playing again) i need to reinstall and was wondering
which distributions were supposed to "install easiest" on laptops?
Slackware seems to have some serious issues with my ethernet
card (linksys etherfast 10/100), and that is probably going
to be my major deciding factor, is how well it detects hardware.

any suggestions?
thanks

brian