[LUAU] RR news server problem

xuser xuser at hi.net
Tue May 18 13:33:22 PDT 1999

Every time I ran a news_client on pulling news off rr's news
server('DNEWS',news-server.hawaii.rr.com), my ip get blocked right after a
day or so, and get this nice message "502 You have no permission to
talk". Do you think they quota their news feed BW to their customer/or
just the fact that their news server sucks?  this has been the same
even I get an new ip, 'cause get blocked soon as I started to pull news
again. Does oceanic ever woundering why the subject "Cable Open Access For
ISPs" still flooding the hawaii.inet-providers for weeks? I think I would
pay LavaNet a little more per month to have things working right.

Anybody else has the same problem?

btw, here's the case:

news_client: newsx  <--- from sunsite.unc.edu
newsx is setup to pull 4 groups off from ocean news-server then place into
my local innd, then I read my news locally with slrn.

Can someone(oceanic?) solve my problem? the above setup works for years
when I used to do dialup to local ISPs.

Thanks for reading my spam

Larry

--