[LUAU] Huh?

jwchris at juno.com jwchris at juno.com
Mon May 10 20:09:02 PDT 1999

On Sun, 9 May 1999 21:27:27 -1000 "Zachary P. Taylor" <ztaylor at aloha.net>
writes:
>Chris,
>It looks like ESR is planning on speaking on the 2nd or 3rd, according
>his last letter, which I got today. Is cyberpizza a LUAU meeting? If it
is
>then why don't we combine the meetings, if it is not then LUAU will have
>priority for ESR speaking. I am sure that if there is a conflict LUAU
can
>find some other place to have it. I would also suggest that someone get
in
>touch the local newspaper to see if they would like to have someone at
the
>ESR talk to do an article about LUAU and ESR and also someone from the
>group should write an article for LJ about the meeting.
>
>John,
>		I am not familiar with who you are, but through the
>e-mail you are coming off very strong and confrontational. ESR is
updating
>people on his agenda and it changes daily, the last change was today,
>that is why it is hard to nail down the dates.
>											Zach

Zach,

Strong yes, confrontational no, but frustrated.....

Our papers in Hawaii need more than a month notice for [free] public
announcements like a speaking engagement [especially since they
are printed montly or biweekly].  So we might [possibly] be able to do
radio time [but that may be slim as well].

If ESR speaks on either the 2nd or 3rd, another place must be found.
Tuesdays are the only days allowed for free meetings [with prior
arrangements by MIC groups.

I am a proponent to have ESR speak with LUAU, and vigourously supported
it [since Linux users have all kinds of views]; but nothing appeared to
happen.
And our timeline for advertising [basically] has slipped away [other than
word
of mouth].  Wish you well in finding a place on short notice.  I will
attend
whereever you find a place for ESR to speak.

John

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net