[LUAU] Gnome-Enligtenment.

David & Max Buddy at Mail-me.com
Tue May 4 19:13:32 PDT 1999

>  I have RH6, but your setup shouldn't be too different, I think.  In your
>user directory tree, there should be a directory labeled Desktop, in which
>there is another directory labeled Autostart.  That should be the one.  I'm

Oops....the Autostart thing you mentioned didn't work on my RH5.0 box.
Maybe something wrong with the rpms I used.  Seems to me that Gnome is
still kind of "strange" to a Win95 user.

>not sure exactly how to put your "shortcuts" in there - if you figure that
one
>out, please let me know.  It is probably something simple like making a
>shortcut on the desktop and dragging it into the directory.

tried the dragging thing.  All I did was I create a "New Launcher" on the
desktop for the program I wanted to run, and then drag it to the Autostart
folder.  With no luck, that didn't solve the problem.

>  On a related note, I've noticed that the longer I have Netscape up, the
>slower my system runs.  The CPU seems to be pegged out a lot.  Do you know
how
>I can go about trying to find out why?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I used to have a problem similar to yours.  My netscape seem to keep
"eating" up all the RAM without releasing it until it's completely closed.
It's like all the images on every webpage were being stored in the RAM
without being released until you quit Netscape.  I don't know why your
Netscape, instead of eating RAM, eats CPU (brain power). :P

-Max

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net