[LUAU] Thanks for your help

David & Max Buddy at Mail-me.com
Mon May 3 22:06:56 PDT 1999

I also had problems connecting to RR with RH6.0.  I don't know what
happened.  But it seems to me that the DHCP is not working properly.  After
booting into 6.0, I found out that there was no such thing as dhcpc or
things like that.  The only thing I found about dhcp was the program called
'pump'.  The command running on my box is 'pump -i eth1'

I believe this command did initialize the interface eth1.  ifconfig did
show eth1 with RR's setting.  But the funny thing was that when I did a
simple 'ping ' with a valid ip like 199.222.42.2.  It gave me an error
messages 'network unreachable'.  What's wrong with that?  anybody having
the same problem?

Therefore, I had to "downgrade" my system back to RH5.

any how-tos? pointers?

Thanks
-Max

--