[LUAU] Thanks for your help

HawaiiBuc hawaiibuc at hawaii.rr.com
Mon May 3 11:42:05 PDT 1999

Aloha again everyone,
  First off, a big Mahalo to everyone for your input into the problem I
had, but I think it was simply operator error :(
  I guess I did something wrong.  I'm still relatively new to Linux and
I had a couple of other problems, so I simply re-installed RH6.  What I
did earlier was to put the following in /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

    dhcpcd
    rrsmpcd

as the last two lines.  Is that the correct place?  I put it after the
lines where I mount my Win95 partitions; ie.,

    mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /win
    mount -t vfat /dev/hdb3 /win2
    mount -t vfat /dev/hdd3 /win3

  The problem I had was that I had to go back into Win95; when I
rebooted into Linux, I couldn't log on.  I tried to ping
protocol-server.hawaii.rr.com and nothing happened.  I haven't tried to
log into Win95 then re-login to Linux and log on the 'Net again,
however.  I was just wondering if anyone else had the same setup and if
anyone could give a pointer in case I have it set up incorrectly.  Also,
which logs should I check out?  I haven't run rrsmpcd/dhcpcd in debug
mode, but if I have any other problems, I'll do that and see if I can
figure it out.  Once again, mahalo to everyone for your input.

HawaiiBuc

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net