[Re: [LUAU] Road Runner]

Eric Hagen ehagen at hawaii.edu
Mon Mar 29 23:17:16 PST 1999

Hi Chris.
You will need to download the client while in NT or windows 95.
Untill you are logged into RR, you will not be able to ftp anything except
from the sms server for RR.  Once you have it downloaded, and moved over
to you linux partition, via floppy would be easiest if you run NT.
As root:
mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
cp /mnt/floppy /usr/src

Then if it is a tar ball
tar xvzf rrclient.tgz  (whatever)
Then install it per instructions.
RPM file:
rpm -i --hash rrclient*.rpm
Then make modifications.
The only thing you should need to modify is:
/etc/rrsmpcd.conf

Hope this helps.

Eric Hagen                  "Sometimes we get lost in the darkness,
ehagen at Hawaii.Edu	     the dreamers learn to steer by the stars..."
			    "You fight for something because it is good.
	 				Not because it stands to succeed."

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net