[LUAU] vmware users

Eric Hagen ehagen at hawaii.edu
Sat Mar 20 01:20:31 PST 1999

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 calzonie at hawaii.rr.com wrote:

> To anyone running (or read extensively) on vmware.
   Well, I have tried to get it to install, but my CD reader is old and
flaky.
> Who actually owns the hardware? How is the hardware shared?  For instance, how
> would you enable windows networking in the virtual machine?
 You can set it up in a users directory, and run it as a user.
 Networking can be setup for local machine, or routed through your linux
system, of course you have to setup you linux machine to route it.

> Do the virtual machines run on Linux's native filesystem?
  It creates a large file that it mounts as a disk in the users directory.

> Anyone try playing a high-end game on a virtual machine like nascar racing or
> quake?
  All I want to do is get StarCraft running well, then I'm blowing away my
windows partition. :-)

> fyi, I just read a box with multiple processors running vmware will give a processor
> to each virtual machine, that's cool.
 Nice, please let me know if you see a good price for a dual system. :-)

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net