[LUAU] Draft Mission Statement)

John W Christian jwchris at juno.com
Wed Mar 10 10:11:47 PST 1999

Jim Wrote:

On Tue, 09 Mar 1999 07:57:27 -1000 Jim Roby <jroby at aloha.net> writes:
>I like 'Linux Users Aloha Union'

>> But if you want a business [serious] name, you can try :
>>
>> [ Linux Users All Unified ] LUAU in Hawaii
>> or
>> [ Linux Users And United ] LUAU in Hawaii
>> or
>> [ Linux Users Ala Unicameral ] LUAU in Hawaii

I like Jim's Linux Users Aloha Union for LUAU even better!

1- It shows the good will and friendliness of the group to outsiders by
     using the word "Aloha"; and
2- It shows we are united as a group in the word "Union"; and
3- It combines, clearly and succintly, my three serious suggestions; and
4- It gives [enough] Hawaiiana to be understood by the outside world
     [which is what we also need to declare]; and
5- If we used the word "United" with "Aloha", we may get confused with
the
     Hawaii Chapter of the United Way non-profit agency; and
6- It takes away the edge of fanaticism that either "Uber-Enthusiasts" or

     "Ultra-Enthusiasts" connotates while the word "Union" still holds
the
     value of dedication to the cause [Linux of course...  ;-)  ]; and
7- It takes away the crippling affect the word "Anonymous" has where
     people may consider us hiding our identities for our USAGE of Linux

That is why I like it!

John

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net