[LUAU] Meeting Topics?

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Thu Mar 4 18:53:38 PST 1999

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Ronald L Fox wrote:

> I can bring the following stuff:
>
> 1) LCD projector (max resolution 800x600)
> 2) 8 or 16 port 10Mbit Ethernet Hub with 10BaseT cables and some ThinNet
>    cable with connectors and transceivers.
> 3) Extension cord and power strips
> 4) A Win95 laptop

Okay... this is looking good.

Let's get a laptop/computer running Linux for the Samba server.
Your laptop can be the client.

Also, IIRC, Gary Sublett was going to demonstrate XFce.
On another laptop.

If somebody wants to demonstrate GNOME, you have to BYOB (Bring your own
Box)... I don't have a laptop/computer spare or capable of running GNOME.

Also.. if somebody has either a laptop/computer w/ a modem and ethernet
or dual ethernet we'll try to get an IP masq setup working.

> If we can get an idea of what might need to be connected and can agree
> on a common netmask and appropriate IP address assignments, the configuration
> could be done prior to the meeting so it all just plugs together and works
> without any fuss.

Okay...
how about we take the 192.168.16.x network. (16 being the day of the month
of the meeting. I dunno.. it's arbitrary).

Sounds good?

Thanks Ron for the use of your stuff...

:)

--