[LUAU] Thoughts...

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Tue Mar 2 21:50:06 PST 1999

Perhaps our mission statement is too vague. I can see tagging on "in
Hawaii" clause to that.

I think Linux is doing a damned good job by itself.

The rapid fire pace of annoucements recently (because of LinuxWorld no
doubt) has left me somewhat breathless and unsure of where to go.

The rebel in me thinks... hey.. Linux is mainstream! Ewwwwwwwww...
hehehehe. But I"m not going anywhere anyhow. Might even load FreeBSD. :) I
know... HURD! (anybody w/ any luck there?)

I feel we should still keep on our original ideals... I don't want Linux
to go the way of... of... whatever dead cause I can't think of.

And yet... I can see a split. Linux for the users. And Linux for
Businesses. There are almost two separate but equal requirements and both
have to be addressed. I don't think we're doing well on the "business"
end. Well... hopefully the organizational structure can handle it.

Well.. that's that.

See you folks on March 16th. I hope. My Calendar is free as much as I can
forsee it being free. Which reminds me... need to setup something so that
if I get waylayed somewhere... it still can go on.

--
chris
Linux: The choice of a GNU generation

--