[LUAU] Repost from James Wang (was ICQ Masqurading)

Lam's Family Buddy at Mail-me.com
Tue Jun 29 14:51:25 PDT 1999

>Now that's the issue I don't get.
>
>WIth the standard ICQ setting, you need to forward ports 4000-4011 to the
>IP that you run ICQ on (the internal one)
>
>Now, HOW you got about port forwarding under Redhat 6.0 is beyond me.

I got around this problem on my RH5.0 by adding a Socks5 server and have
ICQ go out via Socks5.  It worked perfectly even in the situation when both
ends are behind a firewall.  I did this a long time ago and forgot all the
details on setting the things up.  But I'm sure you can find info on the
net about Socks5 and ICQ settings.  A good place to learn about Socks5 is

http://www.socks.nec.com/

-Max

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net