[LUAU] Repost from James Wang (was ICQ Masqurading)

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Tue Jun 29 09:38:26 PDT 1999

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Chris Wong wrote:

> I am using IPCHAINS version 1.3.8-4 and I am using ipchains -A forward -s
> 192.168.1.x/24 -j MASQ to do IP masquerading.

Okay.. I'm assuming this also means you didn't configure your ICQ for a
firewall. You need to configure ICQ for a firewall lest something baaaad
happens (like you don't connect to ICQ)

IN fact, I'm surprised you even GOT ICQ to connect... but I did this w/
the 2.0.x kernels so I'll grant you that.

You need to assign port forwarding.

Now that's the issue I don't get.

WIth the standard ICQ setting, you need to forward ports 4000-4011 to the
IP that you run ICQ on (the internal one)

Now, HOW you got about port forwarding under Redhat 6.0 is beyond me.

If anybody can suggest anything?

--
chris

--