[LUAU] Fw: Speaking of sendmail

Scott Cooley scott at pohaku.hi.net
Tue Jun 29 10:07:38 PDT 1999

> On the MUA side (Mail User Agent) make the reply to user at whatever.com.
>
> The box should handle. Of course you need correct MX records but we'll
> leave that as an exercise to the reader.
>
> But beware... doing this may cause blindness, loss of sleep, and lack of
> appetite. I THINK it works, but I've been wrong before.

This is especially important if your linux.whatever.com is some made up
name and doesn't have a DNS entry, as it looks like some SMTP servers will
reject the message if they can't get an address for linux.whatever.com.
If you use pine, anyway, set the "User Domain" in setup to be
whatever.com.  For a while I was getting "sender domain does not exist"
but this fixes the problem.

scott

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net