[LUAU] PC Week Labs' tests show what path Linux must take

Zachary P. Taylor ztaylor at aloha.net
Fri Jun 25 22:03:54 PDT 1999

    I read this article this morning. I wish that they would do a test
over an extended amount of time. I have had to  reboot  NT Server, every
now and then, while I can leave Linux up and running for days.
    My theory is, that over an extended period of time, Linux would
process more hits, ect. Could this be a project for LUAU? Do we have
enough people in the group that could do this experiment objectively? I
think if done right, we could do a test for 6 months to a year and submit
the results, along with an article for the Linux Journal, as well as
submitting it to the other PC mags. What do you think?

Zach

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net