[LUAU] NOMINATIONS

Rob Braun bbraun at gw.synack.net
Wed Jun 23 02:36:11 PDT 1999

I nominate Hank the angry dr...  Oh, wrong poll.
What about the CEO, CTO, CFO, and whatever other damn positions
there are people can think of?
I think there should be a bylaw that says everyone on the luau
list should have to make postings from MS Outlook
(God[aka root(and one of your passwords ;)] knows 90% of the list
already does).

In case you havn't gotten my drift already (subtle as it is),
this elections thing has gotten way out of hand.  I was all for
someone stepping up to replace Chris if he wanted to step down.
The job of running a group like this is rough, thankless, and you
can never do the job as  well as someone else says they can.
This is nothing new to the experienced sysadmin though. =)

I applaud the people that have done work on the web voting system
and the online membership registration.  This is the kind of thing that
is great, they see something that might need doing, and they just do it
without nominations or elections or vast amounts of talk on the list.
This is the kind of attitude that has built up many organizations,
and the "beta-tester" mentality of blabbing away without actually
accomplishing anything is what brings these organizations down.
I shouldn't be too surprised, because this is basically what is happening
with the linux community as a whole, but it is somewhat disheartening
to see it happening here.  In the past we have been able to swat
these things aside and continue on, but I don't konw how much longer
it will last.

I would suggest that members of the group should ask themselves what
it is they would like the group to accomplish, then take a look at
the mailing list traffic over the last 2 weeks, and ask themselves if
what they see is closer to or farther away from what the list was like
two months ago.

Rob

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net