[LUAU] NOMINATIONS

Michael Sawyer mws at soest.hawaii.edu
Tue Jun 22 18:29:55 PDT 1999

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 gsublett at lava.net wrote:

> <  e) If you are nominated by someone else and do not accept as
>       in 3d) by 22 June 1999, Tuesday at 21:00 HST, your nomination
>       will be considered as declined.

Correct me if I am wrong, but under that statement, I think that means
that all of the nominations are likely to be declined, since I haven't
seen a single statement of acceptance in the list (unless I missed one),
and we are only a few hours away from the deadline.  I also noticed a
pretty large flood of messages this Monday morning, which I am guessing
meant that there was a block of some or all of the messages on Sunday,
possibly giving people pretty short notice of the most recent events.

I'd like to move that we extend the nomination period by at least 24
hours to allow for everyone to respond, and extend the acceptance period
by another 24 hours after that.  Yes, this is a delay beyond what was
discussed at the meeting, but I think we're rushing the process just a
bit TOO much now.

Thus, under this motion, nominations would be accepted until sometime on
the evening of the 23rd, and acceptances until the 24th.  That leaves at
least 2 full weeks for people to get votes in before the next meeting.

That being said, is the next meeting on the 8th or the 20th, or is the
8th just a voting meeting?  (I'm interested since I'll be away on
vacation from the 1st to the 15th.)

						Mike
--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net