[LUAU] Another Bylaw to Chew On

Brian Vance vanceb at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jun 18 01:10:26 PDT 1999

jwchris at juno.com said:
> I believe we can obtain these sponsors

I would have to agree with this statement.  I could personally afford dues, but the idea is bad as
then the group becomes a "what did I get for my money this month" issue?  Corporate sponsorship (or
donations) seems to be the only way to go.

While I have been looking at other LUGs web pages for information, I noticed that some have worked
deals with their local IBM Corporation to get meeting rooms, etc.  Once we have a president who can
authoritatively speak for LUAU, approaching companies that want to have their names associated with
Linux would probably yield rewards.  I don't even think this needs to necessarily be local
companies, but maybe IBM, Dell, Lotus, Netscape, and some of the local training agencies that now
offer Linux training/certification (CTA, CTC, etc)?  These companies want you to think of them when
you think of Linux, so why not use that to our advantage?

Just a thought...

-Brian Vance
Linux... "Find out what you've been missing while you've been rebooting
Windows NT."   - Infoworld

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net