[LUAU] Another Bylaw to Chew On

jwchris at juno.com jwchris at juno.com
Thu Jun 17 23:38:28 PDT 1999

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:47:49 -1000 Steve <eboyz at obv-records.com> writes:
>There is also nothing stopping LUAU from having some fruits from its
efforts for
>the good of the group.  One idea that I had, which needs some obvious
refinement,
>is to have some sort of "software collection" CD available at each
meeting, or
>occasional meeting.  We could ask for a couple of bucks, say $6 for
pizza or $10
>for pizza and a CD ($4 donation for the LUAU monthly software CD)  This
would be
>nice for people who don't have a fast internet connection, or don't have
the time
>to keep up on all of the latest and greatest.  In the last week there
have been a
>few requests for "where can I get a program to do X?"  As I said, this
is an idea.
>I know most of the group has little scripts, utilities, etc that would
make it
>worthwhile for the other members.
>
>Of course, the immediate rebuttle to this is a LUAU ftp with all of this
available
>there to registered members.
>
>I also think people (companies) are becoming both Linux and technology
>aware at a fast rate.  I'd think this would help us in getting
sponsorship in
>various ways.
>
>Steve

Steve brought up an interesting topic too

I believe we could offer some created CD quarterly
when we find the 'fence sitters' who are waiting to
use Linux [or those who find it a bother to download, etc.]
TBD

But I see these CDs [or whatever material we do] as
great promotions at Fairs, Expos, Events, etc.  to Joe Q.
Public.  And I think no one would have a problem for a small
fee for what is produced; and that could go in the 'Treasury'.

-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net
-  /____/\____/_/ /_/\____/  LUAU - Linux Users AnonymoUs - Hawaii