[LUAU] LUAU election process - Draft

Doug Stanfield DOUGS at oceanic.com
Wed Jun 16 20:23:24 PDT 1999

You're right, an ommission in what we discussed last night.  A proposal for
a two year term, max of two terms, was made for the President, but there was
no discussion of this or terms for the others.  I would suggest that two
years should work but that we stagger by having a one year first term for at
least two of the positions.  This would lead to yearly elections for either
two or three positions.

In regards to putting all the bylaws in place before leadership elections,
the consensus was the council should draft the bylaws for presentation to
the membership.  We would then vote on the bylaws.  This means the issues
before us currently are limited to making sure the voting process works and
there is enough definition of the council to elect to those positions.

-Doug-