[LUAU] Another Bylaw to Chew On

Ronald L Fox rfox at dls.queens.org
Thu Jun 17 13:13:23 PDT 1999

I'm not sure that we should reject the idea of dues out of hand.  In the
free market of ideas, it seems that the idea of dues can't be justified
given all the negatives that people have mentioned and the fact that
there seem to be other, more palatable, ways to fund the group.  So I
guess what I'm suggesting is that the idea of dues be considered and
promptly rejected.

Expanding on the corporate sponsership idea, we might solicit sponsership
for specific items/projects.  Companies like to see tangible rewards for
their expenditures.  If we need a LUAU banner & some booth hardware, ask
a company to sponser the banner in return for which their company name
is mentioned on the banner itself (in smaller letters of course).  For
the web site and mailing list hosting that already been given to LUAU
(by HITS.NET?) give credit on each of the web pages for this sponsership.

--
-    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net