[LUAU] Remote X-Clients

Mark Robinson sleeodoc at usa.net
Fri Jan 29 22:12:50 PST 1999

I don't have GTK running on my Linux box

My connection between machines is simple ip based Xserver Display redirection.

I rsh the linux box  and open a xterm on my NT desk. I tell the Linux box the
name of my NT x-client display buy setting the Linux DISPLAY variable for my
login shell. Then any x program I run on the Linux sever appears on my NT
desktop. The X-win32 client uses the NT window manager. The linux box allows the
rsh because it trusts my NT box in the .hosts file. Using the mult window
setting on the xclient allows as many x programs to open windows as needed on
the NT desktop. This is pretty fast. Using the single window setting on the
Xclient and starting a window manager on the linux box produces a linux window
manager on the NT box. It works, and is cool ,but is just to much graphical
data  and really slows down.

By the way thanks for your participation in the group it has made any
frustration with RR much less stressful to have someone knowlegable to fall back
on.

best Mark Robinson