[LUAU] Multipile NIC's and Linux

Myles Uyema myles at uyema.net
Mon Jan 25 00:29:43 PST 1999

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, George Toft wrote:

> To echo Jeff - I ALWAYS use identical NICs.  I fought for
> hours trying to get different NICs working together, and
> I lost.  I know it can be done, but why waste the energy
> when you can buy two LinkSys ne2000's for $20 each at
> that expensive place with no customer service.

I went and bought two Linksys EtherFast 10/100 cards at compusa.com for
under $60 which also included shipping/handling.  They were ~$25 each
and the shipping came to less than $10.  I've got NT Workstation and
Linux networked together via a cross-over cable running full-duplex
100-TX, and an ISA 3com Etherlink III (3c509b) hooked up to the cable
modem.  So the linux box has two differing NICs running just fine.

Myles