[LUAU] Multipile NIC's and Linux

George Toft LinuxAdvocate at iname.com
Mon Jan 25 00:14:26 PST 1999

Sharky wrote:

> I'm kinda driving myself bonkers on this one. I'm sure I'm missing
> something fairly trivial. Pointers to FAQS or HOWTO's appreciated.
>
> I'm trying to setup multiple NIC's on a new Linux box, just installed it
> with Redhat 5.2, but am having problems getting a second NIC recognized.
> I don't have a problem getting a 3c509b recognized and working.
>
> My problems begin when I tried using a second NIC. I've tried with a
> KNE20 (kingston) and made what I thought were appropriate entries in
> conf.modules.
[snip]

To echo Jeff - I ALWAYS use identical NICs.  I fought for
hours trying to get different NICs working together, and
I lost.  I know it can be done, but why waste the energy
when you can buy two LinkSys ne2000's for $20 each at
that expensive place with no customer service.

George
--
Please note new e-mail address and change your address
books accordingly.  Thank you.