[LUAU] multiple booting!

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Sun Jan 24 21:00:17 PST 1999

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Danny L. Lapitan wrote:

> can anyone recommend which order i should install the following OS's for
> lilo to boot each OS? win98,nt,solaris,and linux. i dont wanna
> use system commander or Solaris's boot manager so im hoping lilo can do
> this for me..thanx!!

I don't think LILO works with NT.. and I"m unsure about Solaris. I would
think System Commander might be your best bet... you've a pretty heavy
system configuration there.

Probably Win98 last or NT last. One, Win98 doesn't like WinNT. Or vice
versa. Two, it does overwrite the boot paritition without telling you so
you need to rerun lilo or whatever parition manager you have.

Otherwise...

Good luck. :)

(you're a brave man)