[LUAU] SAMBA or NFS?

Eric Hagen ehagen at hawaii.edu
Sun Jan 17 18:26:38 PST 1999

I agree with Doug on the recommendation of SAMBA, remember to read about
encryption of the passwords, and also take a hard look at the interface
option for SAMBA to allow it to only talk to your internal network as far
as shares go.

I would also recommend that you review any and all shares on your internal
network, given that anyone who gets into your gateway, will be able to
access them.  I would recommend sharing only one subdirectory from each
system.

Eric Hagen                  "Sometimes we get lost in the darkness,
ehagen at Hawaii.Edu	     the dreamers learn to steer by the stars..."
			    "You fight for something because it is good.
	 				Not because it stands to succeed."