[LUAU] meeting time, date, location for January?

Myles Uyema myles at uyema.net
Tue Jan 12 10:38:55 PST 1999

At the risk of sounding horribly ignorant, may I ask where and when we will
be meeting?  I've not been following the luau mailing list very closely, and
I'd like to be able to attend a meeting, since I also have not been able to
make the last few monthly meetings.

Currently, I'm beta testing the preview-6 2.2.0 kernel with Alan Cox's #2
patches, and also the international cryptographic patches from
ftp.kerneli.org.  So far, it's looking pretty good, though I admit I'm not
really stressing the kernel.  It's got loopback filesystem encryption, as
well as support for encrypted IP tunnelling.  The file is called
patch-int-2.2.0pre5.1.gz or something to that effect.  kerneli.org is
outside the US somewhere, in order to neatly bypass the US strong
cryptography legal stuff.

I'm also seeing more and more software packages conforming to the glibc2
style.  When it first was released, hacking the source was a common way to
get it to compile under glibc2.   Now, rarely a problem.  I compiled XFree86
3.3.3 without much of a hitch.  Not that I use X on linux much anymore,
though.  NT workstation is running on sister computer, which is the browsing
machine.

I've managed to get Samba 2.0beta5 to act as an NT Domain server, so the NT
Workstation logins are authenticated by Samba using the encrypted password
mechanism.  If I'm able to make the meeting, I could _try_ giving a little
talk.  I'm not much for speeches, though.  =(

That's about it for now...I really hope I can make the meeting this month.

Myles Uyema