[LUAU] rrsmpcd 0.12 compile problems

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Mon Feb 22 22:54:51 PST 1999

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, George Toft wrote:

> Without any further ado:
> I downloaded rrsmpcd 0.12 and tried to compile it
> with "make" - unfortunately, the disk that I copied
> the error to has died.  The error complained about
> implicit definitions of FD_ZERO, and some similar
> function not being define in main(), somewhere around
> line 560 (the while not kill_flag loop - see I can
> read C, too).

Okay... I had this same problem as well.
I needed to include a file.. stand by.

*** rrsmpcd-0.12/rrsmpcd.c      Sat Dec  5 12:58:18 1998
--- rrsmpcd-0.12.new/rrsmpcd.c  Thu Feb  4 19:25:29 1999
***************
*** 29,34 ****
--- 29,35 ----
  #include <errno.h>
  #include <getopt.h>

+ #include <sys/time.h>
  #include <sys/types.h>
  #include <sys/socket.h>
  #include <sys/stat.h>

That patch actually MIGHT do it.. since I don't apply patches often or
even make 'em I don't know if I have it reversed.
Just add sys/time.h

> I grep'ed every .h file listed in the source, but
> there is absolutely no reference to these values
> anywhere else in the system.
>
> Is this a glibc2 only program?  What else do I
> need to download to get this to install?  The
> system is SuSE Linux 5.3 default install from
> the evaluation CD.

Errrr nah...

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net