[LUAU] rrsmpcd 0.12 compile problems

George Toft LinuxAdvocate at iname.com
Mon Feb 22 23:01:16 PST 1999

Well, it's February, and time for the first annual
"George's I Can Break Any RoadRunner Login" fest.

If you remember 53 weeks ago, it took me three days
to get Ed's rrlogin script to work, all because
one line was missing from the instructions
("make install" after compiling MD5 for perl).

Well, it's a year later, and I know quite a bit
more about Linux, I can read a makefile (more or
less), and have had success downloading and
compiling programs from source code.

Without any further ado:
I downloaded rrsmpcd 0.12 and tried to compile it
with "make" - unfortunately, the disk that I copied
the error to has died.  The error complained about
implicit definitions of FD_ZERO, and some similar
function not being define in main(), somewhere around
line 560 (the while not kill_flag loop - see I can
read C, too).

I grep'ed every .h file listed in the source, but
there is absolutely no reference to these values
anywhere else in the system.

Is this a glibc2 only program?  What else do I
need to download to get this to install?  The
system is SuSE Linux 5.3 default install from
the evaluation CD.

Signed
"I can break anything" George
--