[LUAU] Seminar

John W Christian jwchris at juno.com
Sun Feb 21 11:31:24 PST 1999

Cgris & Seth,

I think I am interested; but I will have to review the messages
[I had a HD failure and had to rebuild]
First chance I had to see any message in days...

John

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:05:46 -1000 (HST) Chris Wong
<wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu> writes:
>On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Seth Rightmer wrote:
>

>> > Espically when approaching the business community, one really
>needs to
>> > make a good impression.
>>
>> Well, yes, that's why I brought it up on the mailing list.
>> Otherwise, I would have just done it, grabbed all the glory and
>> potential consulting work for myself, and said not a word to LUAU.
>> noticed that yours, Chris, was the only response in 3 days.  Maybe
>> everyone else is too busy discussing LUAUs new organizational
>> structure ;-)
>
>*sigh* Either way nothing is getting done. We'll live of course.
>
>> Seriously, if LUAU as a group is interested in putting this on, the
>> time to do it is NOW.  Friday's advertiser just put out a half page
>> article on linux in it's business section.
>
>I didn't know. I hoped we would initate the article on coverage but I
>suppose not. In my head I thought we would be able to get the
>publicity
>but I guess not.
>
>> If we as a group can't come up with something concrete within the
>next
>> week, I will do it on my own.  I have some experience putting on
>this
>> sort thing, a little cash to throw at advertising, and one or two
>> potential free or low cost venues.
>
>Let me know what you need from me... cash tho' is a problem.
>>
>> This could be a potential big win for Linux, LUAU, anyone who
>presents
>> at it, and businesses that attend, in the form of progress towards
>> total world domination; publicity, increased membership, and
>respect;
>> lucrative consulting contracts; and a operating system that won't
>> crash if you look at it funny, respectively.
>
>heh. True ttrue and true.
>
>> If anyone on the mailing list is interested in helping, it's robot
>> roll call time, in MyST3000 terms.  Also, if anyone has any big
>issues
>> with this being a LUAU thing, sound off now and give me an excuse to
>> have this all to myself ;-)
>
>I don't have it being a major problem with it being a LUAU thing...
>I'm
>running on my Draft Mission statement... and if nobody says anythibng
>about it it'll become THE Mission statement.
>

>--
>    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net
>  /____/\____/_/ /_/\____/  LUAU - Linux Users Anonymous - Hawaii

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net