[LUAU] Possible Meeting topics... and some misc notes

Chris Wong wongc at math.ed.hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 16 16:10:19 PST 1999

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Donovan Chun wrote:

> Chris Wong wrote:
>
> > > If I am there I can speak about the Linux Router Project.
> >
> > Shoot.. I meant to ask this last week but I forgot about it until now...
> >
> > Do you need a computer to play with?
>
> I was just going to go over LRP in discussion, but ........I could bring my
> router if you want.  Maybe you could bring a monitor?  That would make it
> easier for me.

I don't know about lugging a monitor... I don't really have a good ride.

> Is there something you wanted to see in particular??

A simple discussion on how to make it, etc.

> Once you have a working router, there isn't anything to really look at.

Heh. One thing I'd like to see... turn off the power w/ impunity.

>  I am using a ppp dialup to my office. I could set it up a mini LAN at the
> meeting site.  Does the meeting room have a phone line we can use for a
> local call??  Can you bring two monitors?? (one for the router and one for
> my desktop machine).  Or anyone have a laptop laying around that we can
> reconfigure the networking set up to demo the router in action?

Can anybody bring this? This is so last minute. :(

> Since this is last minute, maybe a discussion tonight and a demo next
> meeting?  Maybe we can do a make your own router fest??

Interesting idea.. but I think it's relatively specialty and as such,
little intrest.. tho' I have.

> Any comments?

Just made one :)

IN recap.. is anybody bringing a monitor/laptop?

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net