[LUAU] Possible Meeting topics... and some misc notes

Donovan Chun donovan.chun at mail.hha.state.hi.us
Tue Feb 16 16:02:44 PST 1999

Chris Wong wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Donovan Chun wrote:
>
> > I am planning on attending the meeting on 2/16/99 (family obligations
> > permitting).
> >
> > If I am there I can speak about the Linux Router Project.
>
> Shoot.. I meant to ask this last week but I forgot about it until now...
>
> Do you need a computer to play with?

I was just going to go over LRP in discussion, but ........I could bring my
router if you want.  Maybe you could bring a monitor?  That would make it
easier for me.

Is there something you wanted to see in particular??

Once you have a working router, there isn't anything to really look at.

 I am using a ppp dialup to my office. I could set it up a mini LAN at the
meeting site.  Does the meeting room have a phone line we can use for a
local call??  Can you bring two monitors?? (one for the router and one for
my desktop machine).  Or anyone have a laptop laying around that we can
reconfigure the networking set up to demo the router in action?

Since this is last minute, maybe a discussion tonight and a demo next
meeting?  Maybe we can do a make your own router fest??

Any comments?

Donovan

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net