[LUAU] Database package.

bbraun at sparcy.synack.net bbraun at sparcy.synack.net
Tue Feb 9 06:30:50 PST 1999

This really depends.  What kind of database do you need?
Almost all unices ship with berkeley db support, or you
can go all the way for some kind of SQL database.  Lots
of choices in between.  Personally, I think you filesystem
is already a database, and there are few occations when you
will want to duplicate the effort and have a database ontop
of a database.  Heck, maybe even just flat files will work.
Depends on what kind of data you'll be storing, and what kind
of manipulation of that data you intend to do.

Anyway.  Many languages support both berkeley db, and SQL.
Perl, C, C++, php, python, etc...

If you decide to go for an SQL database thingy, mysql is a good
one.  postgres is another one.

Rob