[LUAU] ftp://24.94.83.129/redhat-6.0/i386 is available

Myles Uyema myles at uyema.net
Wed Apr 28 12:42:41 PDT 1999

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Doug Stanfield wrote:

> just how these modems were designed.  If, on the other hand, someone had a
> box that could be put at the center of the network it would be an amazing
> difference.  Oceanic might be working on a box like that, but there are
> other possibilities.

Yup, I'm noticing some extreme lag here now =P
Anyway, I've shut down my ftp server until further notice.
I notice tucows has a link to linuxberg....but that it isn't really
hosted on oceanic's network.  If tucows.oceanic.com would like to host
my cd iso image file, that would work out pretty nicely for all of us on
cablemodems eh?  Doug?  =)

Also, I haven't tested my ISO image yet, who has?  Has anyone been able
completely download it from my cablemodem?  I've noticed that after a
while, I get the same horrible lag I mentioned last month or so...where
it takes like 3-5 seconds for my gateway router to respond to a ping.

But anyway, that's that for now.  I have no need to install redhat, so I
haven't tried my CD Image except to verify that it boots, and I can get
to the installation screens.  (I got up to the fdisk/disk druid section
and stopped).

Myles

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net