[LUAU] ftp://24.94.83.129/redhat-6.0/i386 is available

Doug Stanfield DOUGS at oceanic.com
Wed Apr 28 10:01:45 PDT 1999

You might check out the Road Runner Network Status page when planning your
download times.

>From "Planned Service Outages and Upgrades ":
Wednesday 4/28, 2:30AM - 3:30AM, Road Runner services will be unavailable
due to network maintenance affecting the Ewa, Ewa Beach, and surrounding
areas.
Thursday 4/29, 2:30AM - 3:30AM, Road Runner services will be unavailable due
to network maintenance affecting the Moanalua, Salt lake, Aliamanu, Ft.
Shafter, Pearl Harbor and surrounding areas.

And from "Recent History":
Tuesday 4/27, 1:30AM - 4:00AM, Road Runner services were unavailable due to
network maintenance affecting the Kaimuki, Kahala, Aina Hina and surrounding
areas.

Also, I'd like to see if we can't find a better way to distribute such
things as these downloads.  When someone has a lot of content that a lot of
people want on the end of a cable modem it doesn't work very well.  Thats
just how these modems were designed.  If, on the other hand, someone had a
box that could be put at the center of the network it would be an amazing
difference.  Oceanic might be working on a box like that, but there are
other possibilities.

-Doug-

Doug Stanfield              Oceanic Cable
Director Data Networking    200 Akamainui St.
dougs at oceanic.com           Mililani, HI  96789

a sig thing: "Did I qualify that all enough to protect myself, or do I need
to say more here about these being my ideas and only mine and my employer
might not have the same ideas but things can still get done".