[LUAU] Cablemodem users

Scott Cooley scott at hi.net
Mon Apr 26 02:24:12 PDT 1999

> I'm on the 24.94.82.0 network block, and currently 8:10pm, I'm
> experiencing some heavy network latency.  Just wondering whether any
> other cablemodem users tonight are having similar lag issues.

For about two weeks Oceanic had me switched to the 24.94.83.0 subnet, and
it was the worst two weeks, speed-wise, since I got my modem back in June.
When they switched me back to 204.210, the speed increase was
instantaneous and very noticeable.

I don't know why they do this, and why the speeds on the other subnet
should be so much slower.  But you're not the first one...

Scott

--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net