[LUAU] Problems with ncurses

David & Max Buddy at Mail-me.com
Thu Apr 22 00:59:38 PDT 1999

I'm trying out some sample programs from one of my Linux books about
curses.  I could sucessfully run the program on the system console,but I
couldn't display anything using curses on my xterm.  Here is my code. and
Makefile

======8<=============8<================
#include <unistd.h>
#include <curses.h>

int main(void)
{
        initscr();
        move(5,15);
        printw("%s","Hello");
        refresh();
        sleep(1);
        endwin();
}
======================================
Makefile:
all:
        gcc -i/usr/include/ncurses test.c -o test -lncurses

After I compiled it, I could see the Hello on my console, but when I ran
the same program on my xterm, it displayed nothing.  I could see the cursor
did move to position (5,15) or somewhere around there.  Anything wrong with
my xterm or just the ncurses' bugs?

I'm running RH 5.0

Anybody can try out the codes?

-Max