[LUAU] Linux - Road Runner How-to, round 2

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Mon Apr 12 13:13:50 PDT 1999

I noticed all these message about the web-page is coming from
luau at luau.hi.net.  Does this address handle the web-page mailing list?
Shouldn't this discussion be on that list?  How does one know what belongs
on that list and what belongs on the main list?

This was why I was confused about all of the mailing lists.  I guess I'm
not the only one.

As for the how-to, rrsmpcd does auto-detection of currently running
instance.  In other words, a lock is unnecessary.  Of course, I didn't see
any place where you actually used the lock.  The script creates the lock,
but doesn't test for it.

Also, in most how-to's that I've read, there is an explanation of how
things work.  This how-to only explains how to use rrsmpcd.

Though a how-to is good.  Wouldn't it be better to just create a
distribution package that does all of this automatically?  Then give
Oceanic this package on a diskette to pass out to new customers.

Otherwise, people who want to use RR will have to connect to the internet
first, to get the how-to.  Which means they need to setup ppp and buy a
modem.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org

--