[LUAU] Linux - Road Runner How-to, round 2

Steve Anderson andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 09:48:36 PDT 1999

George,

My feeble suggestions and a few questions:

1. The talk about the two binaries may be confusing.
   Is your binary for other distros besides Suse 5.3?

2. Include the directions for "untarring" the file.

3. The networking script is good for some, but I prefer
   simply adding rrsmpcd -l to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local (RedHat).
   I think the other distros have a similar file.

4. I use rrsmpcd -l, while you use rrsmpcd. What's the difference?

5. My /etc/resolv.conf first line is domain hawaii.rr.com
   versus search hawaii.rr.com. What's the difference?

6. Does the rrsmpcd -k option actually work?

Steve
--
    / /  / / / / __  / / / /  Home Page: http://luau.hi.net